Improved versions of Scotland’s curriculum for excellence
We’re really proud to announce the release on Amazon of our series of improved versions of Scotland’s Curriculum for Excellence materials. You can also contact us direct at firstname.lastname@example.org for bulk orders of 10+ copies for your school or local authority.
All the Experiences & Outcomes, beautifully redesigned with a focus on usability. Clever design reduces the original 313-page document to just over a third of the length. By organising key ‘Es & Os’ neatly over facing pages (rather than spread over five or six pages), it is much easier to use when planning your pupils’ learning.
A full edition of all the Benchmarks from Early to Fourth Level. Benchmarks are grouped by topic organisers, making it easier to compare similar Benchmarks at different levels. Also includes all the Principles & Practice documents, and a number of Experiences & Outcomes and appendices omitted from the Benchmarks documentation.
An edition of all the Benchmarks from Early to Second Level. Benchmarks are grouped by topic organisers, making it easier to compare similar Benchmarks at different levels. Also includes all the Principles & Practice documents, and a number of Experiences & Outcomes and appendices omitted from the Benchmarks documentation.
All the Curriculum for Excellence documentation, centred on the material from CfE Streamlined and CfE Benchmarks. Also includes Building the Curriculum 1-5, the CfE Briefing papers, and a number of other useful documents and appendices. Ideal for researchers and students on PGDE and MEd programmes.
- Available from June 2020
- Contact email@example.com to preorder.
* Notes on PDF copies:
- we supply you with two PDFs – one with individual A4 pages, and another with A3 spreads which are ideal for looking at a particular topic during training or moderation sessions
- PDFs are clearly marked (in small text on every page) with the name of your school or local authority, and usage is strictly limited to current employees of your institution
- Pricing is based on the number of full-time equivalent (FTE) GTCS-registered teachers in your school. So, for example, if you have a class shared between two part-time staff, that counts as one teacher for pricing purposes. Don’t forget to include SLT and non-class teachers (e.g. RCT/RICCT staff)
- PDFs are prepared to order, and may take up to 3 days for delivery. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
THE IMPORTANCE OF GOOD DESIGN FOR CURRICULUM DOCUMENTATION
You can read Harold Raitt’s paper The Importance of Good Design for Curriculum Documentation, presented to the RSA/EduMod’s CfE 2.0: Gaitherin’ at Moray House in Edinburgh on Saturday, 8 June 2019. It gives an overview of the design problems with the original print versions and PDFs of Curriculum for Excellence, and the methodology used in our SeeHearTeach project to redesign them.